1 package of broad egg noodles (OR any shape, size of pasta)
2 Tbsp olive oil or veg oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red chili powder (remember it’s called hot for a reason)
1/4 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp garlic ginger paste
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder…and 2 cinnamon sticks broken in pieces.
2 Tbsp tomato paste or sauce.
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tomato cut into huge chunks.
1/4th bunch of fresh cilantro…cut into pieces.
1. In a pot, add the oil, add the pasta or egg noodles. Cover it with enough water to cover the pasta, but not way over the top, just enough to fill the pasta in it, even if a little bit of the pasta is sticking out at the top that’s enough.
2. Add all the above spices, including the tomato sauce/paste.
3. On medium heat, covered and stirring often, making sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom and scorch, until pasta is mushy like, and the water becomes thickened into a sauce like.
4. Add lemon juice and chopped tomatoes and cilantro and keep on medium-low heat until it keeps thickening, add more water if it becomes too thickened or water has dried up.
5. Taste, add more spices if you want, remember the spicier the better. OH YES, you can add some green chilies to this too, chopped green chilies to give it that nice hotness taste.
ALSO you can add cooked ground beef to this, or even some boneless chicken to this to have some meat in it, but it’s fine on it’s own too, or even add your own vegetables in it too.
6. Enjoy! Next time I’ll try to take a picture and post it here for you to see, but for those that have tried it…they know…just how good it really is.