2 cups dal maash dhuli (white) or Moong (dhuli) presoaked for 4-5 hours
Pinch of baking soda
½ tsp salt
pinch of asafetida (Heeng)
1 tsp. ginger (Adrak) paste
1. Grind the presoaked dal into a paste and add rest of the spices.
2. Mix well and leave for 30 minutes.
3. Then in a frying pan add 1 tbs. of oil and with the help of a spoon drop into the pan flat rounded patties and shallow
fry till light brown.
DO NOT TURN OVER TO FRY OTHER SIDE.
4. Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying and then deep fry.
When golden brown remove and cool.
5. When serving, soak in a bowl of water and when a little soft squeeze out the water between palms and add to prepared yogurt.
YOGURT: Beat the yogurt adding a little water to a paste.
Add salt, red chili powder and 1/2 tsp zeera powder. 1 tsp corn flour and 1 tsp sugar
Garnish with sweet Imli Chutney and Chat Masala.
Serving: 6 persons