These are great appetizers/snacks to have in the house, either if you’re in a rush, or do not feel like cooking a lot yet feel like eating something healthy and good.
If you have Melba Toast, a box of it, or even a package of it, this will do well, or the toasted baguette too.
1 tomato, diced
1 bell pepper diced
some shredded cheese, mozarella, cheddar, monteray, jalepeno….
salt and black pepper
For the Melba Toast Pizzas.
1. Add the melba toast around a large cookie sheet.
2. Spread a dollop of ketchup or tomato sauce or salsa on top, and spread it across.
3. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes, broil, until cheese melts, and it’s almost browning.
4. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Enjoy!
For the Baguette Brushettas (french bread or garlic bread, ciabatta bread)
1. Cut these in half and put them across the cookie sheet.
2. In a bowl add chopped, diced tomatoes, with diced bell peppers, and mix with some salt, black pepper, herbs, cheese, 1-2 Tbsp olive oil.
3. Put it on the bread and broil in oven for 5 minutes or so.
4. Take it out of oven, serve into serving platter.
You can use variety of the spreads, salsa is good, ketchup is real basic for the kids, and for you if you don’t want it too spicy, and tomato sauce works well too.
You can try variety ways as well, and experimenting with different toppings, you can try with cilantro on top, and green chilies if you want that taste in it, and use a sweet and sour or plum sauce for the spread then add the others, or add some chopped, finely minced garlic pieces or add that to some butter/margarine to give it that garlic bread type.
Some people like to add black or green sliced olives to this, or even grapes, to give it that sweet taste in it, and cherry tomatoes works well too.