2 lbs boneless chicken 🍗 cubed pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp desi ghee (clarified butter)
2 tbsp tandoori powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic ginger paste
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp plain yogurt
2 tomatoes 🍅 chopped
1/4 tsp saffron threads
1 can coconut 🌴 milk
- In a large pan, add chicken, add oil, and tandoori powder, salt, turmeric, red chili powder, garlic ginger paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, and yogurt. Mixing it all through
- On medium high heat; cook until chicken starts to get tender.
- Add tomatoes (you can add any other veggies you wish, some people like to add steamed cubes potatoes)
- Add coconut milk, ghee, and saffron threads.
- Cook until flavours blend – you can tell as ghee will rise to the top.
- Serve with rice, or pita, or naan, or paratas. Up to you. I actually had mine with spinach tortillas. Enjoy!
Some people add chopped cilantro and parsley too. I was planning to; but then as I placed it on the table, my kids couldn’t wait.