- green grapes
- Purple/red grapes
- Bananas sliced in half
- Navel oranges cut into quarters
- Berries such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries, raspberries
- Sliced apples
- Sliced plums
- Sliced apricots
- Sliced peaches
- Pineapple, kiwi, pomegranate and dates (not pictured)
- You can also add melon to this as it’s refreshing.
- No spices needed just eat on its own.
So, I went to Starbucks the other week and bought myself this salad there. It had some kale, cilantro, carrots, black beans, brown rice, corn, sweet peas, and feta cheese. I thought to myself. Wow, this is some salad. It actually tastes really good. Now; the ingredients do not look too hard that I can’t make myself and always up for the experimentation to trying it out and seeing how it goes.
So, the above is my version of the kale black beans salad, and it turned out really well. My family thought it was interesting and never thought about adding rice to it. I told them, look guys, we can’t eat biryani (indian rice dish) for the next week or so, so I improvised and threw it into a salad.
It tastes different right? good right? yeah, but still a biryani salad, like my daughter said, “We had Britnaney!” cuz she couldn’t pronounce “Biryani.” properly. I don’t think many can pronounce it properly. I’m sure more are reading it as “Ber-yani.” or “Birrrr-yani.” and as my daughter says, “Brit-ney!” and only some of us get the joke behind that.
So here is the version; with the easy step by step instructions on how to make this from home. Please like, leave a comment or two, and share this with others! Subscribe to my blog. Share your blog in the comments below! Have an awesome week!
1/2 bunch of kale, stems removed and leaves cut into thin strips, washed and dried set aside
1 bell pepper each color; green, yellow, orange, and red, diced
handful of carrots, shredded
1/2 cup corn, steamed and set aside
1 can of black beans, drained
1-2 servings of basmati rice already cooked, brown or white or leftover biryani rice
1 tomato diced
2-3 avocadoes, diced
1/2 bunch of cilantro, washed, chopped
1/4 cup of shredded cheese of mozarella
sea salt and black pepper to taste
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 cucumber diced
optional: cooked chicken shredded (I added tandoori chicken, just about 2 Tbsp of it).
1. In a large salad bowl, add the rice at the bottom
2. Add the black beans on top
3. Add the corn, avocado, and tomatoes.
4. Add the bell peppers, cucumbers, and carrots
5. Add the kale.
6. Drizzle the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and seasonings such as the salt and black pepper.
7. Give it a good mix with a spoon and fork, or use your hands.
8. Add cilantro, and mix it all in. Add cheese and mix again.
9. Taste, and add more seasonings if you need to. But refrigerate until ready to serve.
Add 2 tbsp olive oil & 2 onions diced with spices; 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp kosher salt or pink salt you choose, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder & 1 tbsp garlic ginger paste.
Add 1-2 cups vegetable medley winter veggies such as cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and beans. Along with 6 cups of water and on medium high heat bring to a boil.
Stir evey often and place a wooden spoon on top to prevent it from over boiling. And until veggies are soft and tender.
Using hand blender – blend until veggies are blended in. Add 1 can of coconut milk and 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
I bought a new slow cooker and right away opened it up and washed the new pot areas and started to prepare my soup dish.
It turned out real tasty that my family took 2nd servings, and 3rd servings because it’s that filling and that good.
1 onion diced
1 bell pepper of red, & green diced
1 pkg of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots pkg
1/2 cup orzo pasta
1/2 cup red lentils, washed, set aside
1 pkg kale, baby spinach
1/4th Curly parsley washed and chopped
1/4th bunch fresh and washed & chopped cilantro
2 tsp mrs. Dash seasonings garlic and herbs
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp garlic ginger paste
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1 lbs boneless chicken cubed
2 vegetable broth cubes
1-2 stalks of celery diced
6-8 cups of water
Sea salt or pink salt is optional
- In the slow cooker, add the following; broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, onions, bell peppers, & chicken.
- Add seasonings, spices, and broth cubes along with the water. On high heat keep stirring it every while for 4-6 hours.
- Add lentils, orzo pasta, baby spinach, kale, and parsley, cilantro and olive oil. Let that cook on high for an hour.
- You’ll see flavours blend in, and a beautiful broth color and smell.
- Serve & enjoy. Keep on warm.
- If water dries up or runs out and there’s a lot of vegetables remaining and chicken. Add 1-2 cups of water and just heat up on high for 15 minutes or keep on warm mode.
- Serves 6-12 people.
You are probably wondering how or why I came up with this recipe above and instructions below; I had the Tropicana juice in my fridge and figured I may as well try it in my shake and see how it tastes; that was yesterday’s experiment, not bad at all, I’ll share the recipe of that later, however today it was ok, I need energy, I need my shake, I can definitely combine the two. But, how about combining that juice too. It was definitely delicious yesterday, it can definitely work. As I was imagining how it would look like, down to the last core of what I would add and what not.
So, that’s exactly how it played out. So yeah, I got my shake, yeah I got my energy with the Neon too. PLUS: It tastes amazing! Amazing, truly fantastic, incredible. You just have to try this and see for yourself.
Now I know there are other variations you could add instead of the below; and play around with it, you’ve got the vi shake mix in your hands, and hopefully you’ve tried the Neon too, if not then definitely message me and I’ll hook you up to getting some Neon in your fridge today. But; I think if I do need more energy tomorrow or later on tonight; I’ll try adding the lemon Neuro or Raspberry Neuro, or even try adding the Vi-Defy, or Go or Pro to it and seeing how those plan out in the recipe like below. Mind you, I’ve already experimented with the whole Neuro, Vi-Defy, Pro and Go in a shake and those were amazing too. I’ve even added some supergreens into it because I needed that extra kick.
This is a definite must try once in a lifetime kind of moment, or if you really enjoy it like I do, something you can have everyday. For those that do not want to use the Tropicana version, then I highly recommend using fresh strawberries or frozen ones, and real bananas, and real freshly squeezed orange juice for it instead and I’m sure it’ll taste even better.
Now; I do not know about you; but I’m going to go back and finish some things up, while enjoying this nice, cold, refreshing drink.
Strawberry Banana Orange Neon Vi-shake
8oz strawberry orange banana juice
2 scoops vi shake
1 can neon
1/2 cup frozen strawberries or fresh
1. In a large blender, add strawberries and the strawberry orange banana juice. Blend until smooth.
2. Add ice, and vi shake mix. blend again.
3. Pour into a huge bottle like below. Add can of neon. do not stir or shake or mix, it’ll settle in on its own.
4. serve, enjoy. you can add some fresh slices of lemon, lime, and more strawberries here.
Order some right here and try for yourself this recipe and the other 1,000 recipes of the Vi-Shakes or even the new recipes coming up with the Neon Energy Drink.
http://thelifebyvilife.com for the Challenge & http://neon.vi.com (For those in Canada go to the Neon website) and enter in 1070174 as your referer to order some Neon today! and welcome to the Challenge!
Take a butternut squash, place it in the oven on a baking sheet on 450’F for about 45 minutes. Remove, and cut into slices, and remove the skin around it. Place it back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes. Remove and in a bowl, mash it up, add 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 2 scoops of vi shake mix or any protein mix you prefer. Mash it up.
Then add the Vi Bites – Fiesta Nut on top, and walnuts; and serve. You can add other things, whatever you like. This was very tasty, and another way to have the shakes.