I saw these recipes listed in my Pinterest feed, yet I used my own version. Upon my own excitement in trying this, I forgot to follow it step by step, and just improvised it into my own mix. It was a HUGE hit in my house, and as my kids tried to figure out where this creamy base was from; it was finally revealed as “cream cheese” and cheese on top, and they loved it.
I did remind them of lasagna, and liked this method of way to eat their spaghetti.
1 pkg spaghetti, (cooked according to the package, drained and strained and set aside).
1 jar of tomato sauce
1 cup of water
1/2 cup sour cream
8oz cream cheese softened
1 pkg shredded cheese
2 Tbsp olive oil
optional: 1lb of ground beef, cooked- until it remins no longer pink, but lightly browned. add a chopped onion, some garlic and ginger, and seasonings to taste.
optional: 1 cup of cottage or ricotta cheese or skip altogether
2 Tbsp butter melted (plus on bottom of baking dish, grease lightly with butter.
Seasonings; sea salt, or pink salt, black pepper, italian seasonings and herbs
1. Preheat oven to 450’F.
2. In a large bowl add cream cheese, sour cream, and ricotta/or cottage cheese, and 1/2 cup of water. blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. Boil spaghetti as per package, until tender, and drain, and rinse in cold water and set aside.
4. In a large fry pan cook ground beef until it no longer remains pink, and lightly brown. You can add a chopped onion, some spices into this, and some water, and lightly oil til it is cooked all the way through.
5. In a bowl, combine the cooked ground beef, and tomato sauce, and 1/2 cup of water. If you are skipping out the beef altogether, you can just mix these together as is, and leave it aside.
6. In a large baking dish, grease/butter it lightly on the bottom to prevent the noodles from sticking.
7. Add spaghetti, on top add cream cheese mixture, and then meat or tomato sauce mixure. Keep repeating layers across the pan thinly until completed. Sprinkle seasonings and herbs on tp.
8. Bake on 450’F or 30 mins, uncovered then add the shredded cheese, and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly melted and lightly browned.
9. Remove from oven and serve into wedges or slices. Enjoy!
Please like, comment and share my blog. If you tried this or oher similar recipes, please share in the comments and how you did yours.