- For step by step instructions on how to make these meals below, check out the recipes!
1pkg of pasta, any shape, cooked according to directions on package, set aside
1 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp sea salt or himalayan pink salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
1 bunch of rainbow swiss chard finely chopped (including stems)
1 pkg of shredded carrots
1 chopped bell pepper, red, green, yellow, orange, purple
1 red onion diced
1 Tbsp garlic paste
1. As the pasta is cooking, in a large pan add the butter and on medium-high heat let it melt.
2. Add garlic, and add onions, bell peppers, and the veggies at the top, stirring occasionally. Do not add the swiss chard just yet.
3. As the veggies become tender, and soft, add 1/2 of the swiss chard and stir it in.
4. Add the cooked/drained pasta to the pan, and add the olive oil and 2 Tbsp butter, the rest of the swiss chard (including stems), and season it with salt and black pepper.
5. Serve and enjoy.
You can add other veggies to this dish as well, and add in more seasonings and herbs and flavors. This was a simple dish and took me about 30-45 minutes to prepare. Huge hit in my home, as my family was complimenting me and preferring this over the Chinese food that my kids wanted to have, that they ended up enjoying this instead.
I saw these recipes listed in my Pinterest feed, yet I used my own version. Upon my own excitement in trying this, I forgot to follow it step by step, and just improvised it into my own mix. It was a HUGE hit in my house, and as my kids tried to figure out where this creamy base was from; it was finally revealed as “cream cheese” and cheese on top, and they loved it.
I did remind them of lasagna, and liked this method of way to eat their spaghetti.
1 pkg spaghetti, (cooked according to the package, drained and strained and set aside).
1 jar of tomato sauce
1 cup of water
1/2 cup sour cream
8oz cream cheese softened
1 pkg shredded cheese
2 Tbsp olive oil
optional: 1lb of ground beef, cooked- until it remins no longer pink, but lightly browned. add a chopped onion, some garlic and ginger, and seasonings to taste.
optional: 1 cup of cottage or ricotta cheese or skip altogether
2 Tbsp butter melted (plus on bottom of baking dish, grease lightly with butter.
Seasonings; sea salt, or pink salt, black pepper, italian seasonings and herbs
1. Preheat oven to 450’F.
2. In a large bowl add cream cheese, sour cream, and ricotta/or cottage cheese, and 1/2 cup of water. blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. Boil spaghetti as per package, until tender, and drain, and rinse in cold water and set aside.
4. In a large fry pan cook ground beef until it no longer remains pink, and lightly brown. You can add a chopped onion, some spices into this, and some water, and lightly oil til it is cooked all the way through.
5. In a bowl, combine the cooked ground beef, and tomato sauce, and 1/2 cup of water. If you are skipping out the beef altogether, you can just mix these together as is, and leave it aside.
6. In a large baking dish, grease/butter it lightly on the bottom to prevent the noodles from sticking.
7. Add spaghetti, on top add cream cheese mixture, and then meat or tomato sauce mixure. Keep repeating layers across the pan thinly until completed. Sprinkle seasonings and herbs on tp.
8. Bake on 450’F or 30 mins, uncovered then add the shredded cheese, and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly melted and lightly browned.
9. Remove from oven and serve into wedges or slices. Enjoy!
Please like, comment and share my blog. If you tried this or oher similar recipes, please share in the comments and how you did yours.
1 pkg chow mein noodles
1 pkg frozen veggies (with bell peppers, asparagas, carrots)
1 chopped onion
1 chopped sweet colored peppers each
1 tbsp garlic ginger paste
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 bottle schezwan sauce
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp chili sauce or hot sauce
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 bunch chopped green onions
1/2 bunch chopped cilantro and curly parsley
2 packages of Vi-Bites Glorious Greens
2 packages of Vi Bites Fiesta Nut
1 Tbsp of peanut butter
1. In a large pot of water set on high heat, boil water, and add noodles.
2. While noodles, is cooking, add the package of frozen veggies into a microwave bowl, add a little water and set it for 4 minutes.
3. In a large wok or griddle, add olive oil, add the chopped onions, and chopped bell peppers, cook for several minutes until onions are soft.
4. At this point, the veggies should be done in the microwave, drain and add to the griddle, stirring it occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
5. The noodles should start cooking, check on it to make sure it’s not too soft.
6. If noodles is ready, drain and set aside.
7. While veggies is still cooking; in a bowl add the garlic ginger paste, sea salt, black pepper, vinegar, hot sauce, and stir the mixture. Pour into the veggies. At this point, add the noodles and 1/2 cup of water and keep stirring every few minutes, add the peanut butter and stir it in.
8. Add the Vi-Bites to the mixture, and add the soy sauce, and schezwan sauce. Keep cooking it.
9. Add chopped green onions, chopped cilantro and chopped curly parsley to it. Keep stirring it making sure everything is mixed through.
10. Serve, and enjoy!
This was a huge success and hit in the household. Even my dad who ate the hour before; looked at it on his way out, to get a bowl and try. My kids who wanted pizza, decided to split the homemade pizza (which I’ll share an easy recipe for in another blog entry), while they devoured this one. The vi-bites was also a big hit as well as the peanut butter.
Please subscribe, like, and comment. I would love to hear your feedback, if you love chow mein as I do, share with me in the comments below; the version you like to have. I usually like to add chicken or ground beef to mine, but this one time it was solely vegetarian and the protein in it was from the peanut butter.
To get a hold of the Vi-Bites or info on it visit http://vibites.vi.com
1 bunch of baby carrots cut into strips
1 bunch of rainbow carrots, sliced
1 zucchini sliced
1 tomato sliced
1 red bell pepper sliced
1 bunch of asparagas
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. In a large grill, add the above vegetables and drizzle olive oil on top, cooking and stirring occasionally until the veggies becomes soft.
2. Add sea salt and black pepper on top, stirring occasionally still until the vegetables are lightly brown.
3. Serve and enjoy!
You are probably wondering how or why I came up with this recipe above and instructions below; I had the Tropicana juice in my fridge and figured I may as well try it in my shake and see how it tastes; that was yesterday’s experiment, not bad at all, I’ll share the recipe of that later, however today it was ok, I need energy, I need my shake, I can definitely combine the two. But, how about combining that juice too. It was definitely delicious yesterday, it can definitely work. As I was imagining how it would look like, down to the last core of what I would add and what not.
So, that’s exactly how it played out. So yeah, I got my shake, yeah I got my energy with the Neon too. PLUS: It tastes amazing! Amazing, truly fantastic, incredible. You just have to try this and see for yourself.
Now I know there are other variations you could add instead of the below; and play around with it, you’ve got the vi shake mix in your hands, and hopefully you’ve tried the Neon too, if not then definitely message me and I’ll hook you up to getting some Neon in your fridge today. But; I think if I do need more energy tomorrow or later on tonight; I’ll try adding the lemon Neuro or Raspberry Neuro, or even try adding the Vi-Defy, or Go or Pro to it and seeing how those plan out in the recipe like below. Mind you, I’ve already experimented with the whole Neuro, Vi-Defy, Pro and Go in a shake and those were amazing too. I’ve even added some supergreens into it because I needed that extra kick.
This is a definite must try once in a lifetime kind of moment, or if you really enjoy it like I do, something you can have everyday. For those that do not want to use the Tropicana version, then I highly recommend using fresh strawberries or frozen ones, and real bananas, and real freshly squeezed orange juice for it instead and I’m sure it’ll taste even better.
Now; I do not know about you; but I’m going to go back and finish some things up, while enjoying this nice, cold, refreshing drink.
Strawberry Banana Orange Neon Vi-shake
8oz strawberry orange banana juice
2 scoops vi shake
1 can neon
1/2 cup frozen strawberries or fresh
1. In a large blender, add strawberries and the strawberry orange banana juice. Blend until smooth.
2. Add ice, and vi shake mix. blend again.
3. Pour into a huge bottle like below. Add can of neon. do not stir or shake or mix, it’ll settle in on its own.
4. serve, enjoy. you can add some fresh slices of lemon, lime, and more strawberries here.
Order some right here and try for yourself this recipe and the other 1,000 recipes of the Vi-Shakes or even the new recipes coming up with the Neon Energy Drink.
http://thelifebyvilife.com for the Challenge & http://neon.vi.com (For those in Canada go to the Neon website) and enter in 1070174 as your referer to order some Neon today! and welcome to the Challenge!