1/2 pkg shredded carrots or cut up 2 & dice carrots.
2 large potatoes, washed, cut up into pieces.
1/2 cup quinoa
2 tbsp chia seeds & flax seeds, & black seeds
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup butternut squash diced or use the PC frozen brand 1/2 package.
1 cinnamon stick brown into tiny pieces
4-5 fresh cardamom & cloves.
1 large yellow & red onion diced
1 bell pepper; red, green diced
2-3 tbsp garlic ginger paste
2 green chilies slit cut pieces
1 large tomato diced
2 tbsp tomato sauce or paste
1/4 bunch fresh cilantro, washed & cut into pieces
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt or more or less depending on your own taste
1 tbsp Mrs. dash seasonings & sirracha lime seasonings
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp fresh oregano
1 tbsp fresh parsley flakes
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp lemon & lime juice
1/4 cup of flour
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp pesto sauce
1. Wash & drain the vegetables, prepare and set it aside.
2. In the instant Pot set the mode to Sauté. Let it heat up. Add oil, cinnamon sticks, fresh cardamom & cloves.
3. Add onions, bell peppers and sauté til light brown.
4. Add garlic ginger paste, green chilies, and coat them around. Add rest of the spices & seasonings including the lemon, lime juices, chopped tomatoes, potatoes, and veggies along with making sure it’s all coated.
5. Add chia seeds, quinoa, flax seeds, black seeds. Mix it all around. add 6-8 cups of water. Add the broth cube if you want it’s optional either 1-2 chicken or beef or veg (knorr or Maggi- up to you- extra flavours). You can make this strict vegetables only or add some diced chicken to it or ground beef or chicken.
6. Cancel the sauté, set it to stew or soup mode. Set it for 20-30 mins, seal & leave it til pressure is released.
7. Release the pressure, open lid and add fresh cilantro on top for decor.
8. In bottom of hollow plate, platter or bowl; add Naan, or pita or any bread you wish. Add the soup on top. Serve &. Enjoy.
Let me know how yours turned out! Great meal in Ramadan for Iftar or Sahur.
Even afterwards to make it a tradition to have these healthy hearty foods.
Try it out & let me know how yours turned out.